Referencified Tech Private Limited
Last revised: October 2020
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Additionally, as the Website may be of interest to Minor under the age of 18 years old, we are committed to complying fully with the Indian contract act 1872.Parents/Guardians of children who are under the age of 18 should ensure that they understand our policies regarding personal information before entering any personally identifiable information on or through the Website.
I. Information we collect and how it is used
B. Types of information we collect
- We collect information from Visitors and Members who access various parts of our Website and use different Services in a variety of ways, including through a mobile device. As a result, the type of information we collect depends on the ways Visitors and Members interact with us, our Website and/or our Service(s). We may offer websites, services or applications that permit browsing and do not require registration. We may also offer Members the ability to access their accounts online and offline, which may result in collection of different data.
- Information that we may collect about you through interactions includes information that you give us (such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, other contact information, surveys and other information input into the Website); automatic information (data resulting from your activity, such as transaction information, IP address, log in, email, passwords and browsing activity); mobile information (location services); and information from other sources, such as social security numbers for contractors and instructors. We may also gather additional information such as the type of device and browser you are using, the IP address of your device, information about your device’s operating system, and additional information associated with your device and browsing activity. We may also gather information collected through cookies, tags, tracers, tracking scripts, web beacons, and other technologies, as described further below.
- When we do collect personally identifiable information, we will use it for the purposes indicated in this policy.
- We may use the Website as an entry into other networked web pages and websites operated by us and our subsidiaries and affiliates (together, the “Transaction Sites”), such as for credit card processing. Please note that individual Transaction Sites may adopt privacy terms particular to the purpose of such Transaction Site or the transaction(s) taking place on such Transaction Site. As Transaction Sites are generally affiliated with commercial transactions that you or your business may have with us, particularly those which are password-protected or are subject to subscriptions, the privacy terms for such sites may differ through terms in separate agreements which may supplement or supersede these terms.
C. Use of registration and visitor information
- Registration may be allowed or required on the Website. Members are asked to provide certain personal information when they sign up for our Services including name, address, telephone number, email address. The personal information collected from Members during the registration process is used to manage each Member’s account and may be shared with other Members to coordinate Services. This information is not normally shared with unaffiliated third parties, unless specifically stated otherwise or in special circumstances.
- We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. They have access to personal information gathered through the Services needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- We may promote the Website, Services or a new service to members. You may manage your communication preferences within your account.
- We may also generate non-identifying and aggregate profiles from personal information Members provide during registration (such as the total number, but not the names, of Members). As explained in more detail below, we may use this aggregated and non-identifying information to sell advertisements that appear on the Services.
D. Email marketing from third party sponsors
E. Voluntary customer surveys
- We may periodically conduct both business and individual customer surveys. We encourage our customers to participate in these surveys because they provide us with important information that helps us to improve the types of services we offer and how we provide them to you. Your personal information and responses will remain strictly confidential (except where required by law), even if a third party conducts the survey. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary.
- We take the information we receive from individuals responding to our Customer Surveys and aggregate it with the responses from other customers to create broader, generic responses to the survey questions (such as gender, age, residence, hobbies, education, employment, industry sector, or other demographic information). We then use the aggregated information to improve the quality of our services to you, and to develop new services and products. This aggregated, non-personally-identifying information may be shared with third parties.
F. “Cookies” and how we use them
G. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
For Users with accounts located in Fundoo Tutor’s European Data Region, all processing of Personal Data is performed in accordance with privacy rights and regulations following the EU Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 (the Directive), and the implementations of the Directive in local legislation. From May 25th, 2018, the Directive and local legislation based on the Directive will be replaced by the Regulations (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and Fundoo Tutor’s processing will take place in accordance with the GDPR.
Fundoo Tutor processes Personal Data both as a Processor and as a Controller, as defined in the Directive and the GDPR. The Fundoo Tutor entity which you as a Member entered an agreement with when using the Website, will be the Controller for Members’ or Visitors’ data, as outlined above in the ‘Types of information we collect’ ‘Use of registration and visitor information’, ‘Voluntary customer surveys’, and ‘Communication to members and visitors’ sections.
H. Additional technologies
We may also use additional technologies such as pixel tags, web beacons, tracers, tracking scripts, clear GIFs and other technologies, and may permit our third party service providers to use these technologies. We use these technologies for purposes such as measuring the effectiveness of our advertisements or other communications, determining viewing and response rates, and determining which offers to present to you on our own or on third party sites.
I. In the event of a change in ownership
- As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy websites, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise).
- In the event of a change in ownership, or a merger or an acquisition, all (or select aspects) of our customer information may be transferred. All of our subscribers and registered users will be notified of any change in ownership, merger or an acquisition of our assets by a third party. Subscribers and users may choose to access and modify any of their registration and subscription information at that time.
J. Children’s privacy
We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children. We urge parents to instruct their children never to give out their real names, addresses, or phone numbers without the permission of a parent or guardian, when using the Internet.
II. Communication to members and visitors
We use personal information to communicate important information with our Members. Important information includes, but not limited to, student newsletters, instructor newsletters, session reminders, session journal entries, , account status, legal updates, and other important account information. Members and, where applicable Visitors, agree to accept this communication from us.
- Online advertisements
We occasionally display online advertisements on our Website and in our newsletters and alerts. We share aggregated and non-identifying information about our Visitors and Members collected through the registration process as well as through online surveys and promotions with these advertisers. Additionally, in some instances, we use this aggregated and non-identifying information to deliver tailored advertisements. For instance, an advertiser might tell us the audience they want to reach (for example, males between 25 and 55 years of age) and provide us with an advertisement tailored to that audience. Based upon the aggregated and non-identifying information we have collected, we may then display the advertisement to the intended audience. However, we do not share personal information about its Visitors or Members with these advertisers to be used for other purposes.
- Responses to email inquiries
When Visitors or Members send email inquiries to us, we use the return email address to answer the email inquiry we receive. We do not use the return email address for any other purpose and do not share the return email address with any third party.
- Our commitment to data security
Services and websites we sponsor have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information. Ultimately, you have the right to edit or delete your account. You can delete your account through the Website (mobile app) settings section. You can also contact us to delete your information.
Attn: Privacy Policies
Referencified Tech Private Limited
3279 sector 125 new sunny enclave Greater Mohali